In our local housing area, affordability of homes is a big issue. In 2017 and 2018 the Housing Board has supported work to look more closely at income, housing cost and housing supply locally. Reports are listed with the most recent first.
Diamond affordability analysis 2022
Using 2020-21 data, in 2022 the diamond affordability analysis has been updated for Cambridgeshire Peterborough and West Suffolk. It is being published in July 2023.
The analysis is made up of:
- The executive summary (pdf) based on the summary points from the whole area report
- The whole-area-report (pdf) highlighting similarities and differences across the study area; and whole area slides v2 (powerpoint)
- Individual district notes (all pdf) and slides (all powerpoint):
- Cambridge report and Cambridge slides v2
- South Cambs report and South Cambs slides v2
- Greater Cambridge report and Greater Cambridge slides v2
- East Cambs report and East Cambs slides v2
- Fenland report and Fenland slides v2
- Huntingdonshire report and Huntingdonshire slides v2
- Peterborough report and Peterborough slides v2
- West Suffolk report and West Suffolk slides v2
- One document setting out the individual district summary notes all district report (pdf)
- A methodology note (pdf)
- The compendium of data behind these documents (excel)
The slides are labelled “v2” because after initial launch, feedback led to some improvements to the format of the slides which set out how the diamond-o-grams were constructed. The new versions were released 20th July ’23 but as none of the stats or conclusions were affected, simply replaced thee previous versions.
Diamond affordability analysis 2018
Following publication of Savills analysis, similar data was used to produce an affordability analysis for all eight districts in our area, helping compare housing markets visually using data on income, housing costs and housing supply.
You can find the full 2018 report here.
Savills detailed affordability analysis
In June 2017, Savills produced a detailed affordability analysis for Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire, with the support of the Greater Cambridge Partnership.
You can find the full report here.