The below data sets can all be used to help build a help develop a clearer image of need around Cambridgeshire’s Child and Family Centres. Cambridgeshire County Council use these key data sets to evaluate need around Children and Family Centres to ensure that services are being delivered to the right people and in the right places.
The datasets below are represented at different geographies based on the nature of the data. You can also use our Customer Area Report application that will allow you to received a cross-theme area report based on a bespoke area linked to the chosen Children and Family Centre.
Local health data is available by the Fingertips, provided by Public Health England. Fingertips is a rich source of indicators across a range of health and wellbeing themes designed to support commissioning to improve health and wellbeing, and reduce inequalities.
You can find analaysis of many of the below datasets within our document library.
For more information on the Child and Family Centre offer across Cambridgeshire, please click here.
- District Level Interactive Population Report
- Estimated numbers of 0-4 population via local population forecasts
- Estimated numbers of primary age children via local population estimates and via school forecast analysis
- Estimated population by age bands via local population estimates and via district pupil forecast analysis
- Ethnic Makeup Data via Cambridgeshire Insight Interactive Population Reports
- Home Language Data via Cambridgeshire Insight Interactive Population Reports
- Lone Parents Data via Cambridgeshire Insight Census Profiles
- New Births Summary via Office of National Statistics
- Child Poverty Levels via nationally released Child Poverty Basket of Indicators
- Child Well Being Index (CWINDEX) via Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data
- 2015 Income Deprivation Affecting Children Index (IDACI) via Cambridgeshire Insight Interactive Report and Interactive Map
- Overall 2015 Index of Multiple Deprivation via Cambridgeshire Insight Interactive Report and Interactive Map
- Pupil Premium (formerly Free School Meals) Data
- Economic Activity of Residents via interactive Economy reports
Educational Achievement Data
The Public Health England Health Profiles provide a snapshot overview of health for each local authority in England. They are conversation starters, highlighting issues that can affect health in each locality.
Health Profiles aim to:
- provide a consistent, concise, comparable and balanced overview of the population’s health
- inform local needs assessment, policy, planning, performance management, surveillance and practice
- be primarily of use to joint efforts between local government and the health service to improve health and reduce health inequalities
- empower the wider community
The Interactive Fingertips profiles compiled by Public Health England help you to discover key datasets related to understanding need at different geographies. The links below highlight the range of datasets available via the Fingertips tool.
- Hospital Admissions amongst children via interactive fingertips report
- Under 18 Conceptions via interactive fingertips report
- Breast Feeding Prevalence via interactive fingertips report
- Child Excess Weight via interactive fingertips report
- Hospital Admissions Due to Injury amongst children via interactive fingertips report
- Immunisations via interactive fingertips report
- Low Birth Weight via interactive fingertips report
Other useful data sources
- Cambridgeshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessments
- Public Health Outcome Framework (PHOF)
- Person Tax Credits Statistics