Key PHI Resources
Cambridgeshire County Council
The majority of public health intelligence resources and relevant links can be found within the Health and Wellbeing pages of Cambridgeshire Insight. However, please also see:
Peterborough City Council
Much of the content on Cambridgeshire Insight also includes data for Peterborough where available. In addition, please see:
- Public Health Directorate home page and resources.
- Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF) information.
- Annual Public Health Report.
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) page.
- Health advice for Peterborough: Healthy Peterborough.
- Peterborough Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
Public Health England
Many of these resources cover local authority and CCG (NHS) data.
- Public Health England home page.
- Fingertips topic- and area-based health profiles.
- Subject-based data and knowledge gateway.
- Primary care data for England, CCGs and general practices.
- Topic-based health intelligence networks (cancer; CVD; child and maternal health; mental health, dementia and neurology; end of life care).
- Fingertips PHOF Data Tool for national PHOF data and data for all local authorities.
- Healthier Lives tool
- Small area population health data at Local Health.
- East of England Knowledge and Intelligence Service LKIS East home page.
- Collected resources archive (briefings, tools, models).
CCG (NHS) specific intelligence resources
Many of the resource links above include CCG and NHS data. In addition, please see:
- Resources for CCGs.
- Commissioning intelligence model describes the steps in the commissioning cycle, provides example commissioning questions and potential data types and resources to answer them.
- CCG outcomes tools.
- NHS Right Care home page – Right Care looks at healthcare variation.
- Commissioning for Value suite of products and resources.
- Primary care data web tool
Other analytical and population health intelligence resources
- NHS Digital – collected data and information resources from the umbrella body for information services in health and social care.
- NHS Digital’s Indicator Portal provides an online portal for NHS and other data in spreadsheet form, metadata (data about data) and some methodological information.
- Office for National Statistics – the national producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- The Local Government Association (LGA) LG Inform and LG Inform Plus tools provide data and information about local authorities and wards, predominantly demographic and council-related data.
- The King’s Fund – data and policy briefings from The King’s Fund independent charity who work to improve health and care in England.
- Local library services are provided by the Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust’s Library Service. Cambridgeshire County Council has a contract with the library to provide current awareness and literature search services and the Hinchinbrooke Library is also the local administrator for the NHS OpenAthens electronic journals service.
- CCC local library services at Hinchingbrooke: contact by phone on 01480 416412 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NHS OpenAthens account registration.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) also provide their own evidence services.
Public health intelligence and epidemiology learning resources
- Public health online textbook including statistics and epidemiology.
- Specific public health practitioner and specialist learning for epidemiology, health information and statistical methods.
- Local PHE health intelligence learning and courses for commissioners, non-specialists and analysts.
- Information covering the range of Public Health Careers.
- Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice (2nd ed.)
Data and information can be fun, so enjoy yourself with Hans Rosling’s Gapminder and explore the art of the possible.