Local Public Health Intelligence
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough’s Public Health Intelligence Team provide population health analytics to Cambridgeshire County Council, Peterborough City Council, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group and to our partners. Public Health Intelligence is a framework of knowledge, methods, processes, tools and techniques for:
- Measuring health and wellbeing risks and determinants, health needs, health outcomes, health status and providing a narrative describing these in populations.
- Assessing, measuring and describing the impacts of the influences and determinants on health.
- Making comparisons and identifying variation in services, health determinants, outcomes and status.
- Target setting for health improvement, monitoring performance and checking changes over time.
- Assessing and evaluating services and quantifying the impacts of prevention programmes.
- Overall, it’s knowing where to look for data, information and knowledge and having the ability to use that information safely and effectively in order to support decision making.