The cross-government definition of domestic violence and abuse is:
“any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.”
The abuse can encompass, but is not limited to:
Domestic Abuse has been a national priority for a number of years and there have been substantial changes to how it is viewed by the public and legal system, from legislation to enforcement and in the judicial process in response to: the focus on DA; several changes to the legal definition; and the launch of the Violence Against Women and Girls Priority.
The main purposes of our research is to:
- Provide a picture of domestic abuse in Cambridgeshire
- Examine and compare domestic abuse-focused actions against the expectations of what the district CSPs are undertaking by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Partnership
- Introduce the guidance of the new Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Domestic and Sexual Violence Partnership (DASV), Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) CSP action plan
All of the relevant reports can be found below in the reports section as well as in the document library.
The below infographic summarises local police recorded crimes and incidents related to domestic abuse. It is fully interactive so click the below image to explore!
Useful information and links
National guidance and definitions of domestic abuse can be found here.
The website of the Local Domestic Abuse partnership of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough can be accessed here.
- Cambridge City Report 2 Strategic Assessment 2018/19: Domestic Abuse
- Cambridge City Q4 Strategic Assessment 2017/18: Children and Young People
- Cambridge City Q3 Strategic Assessment 2016/17: All Violence including Domestic Abuse
- East Cambridgeshire Q3 Briefing 2016/17: Domestic Abuse
- Fenland Q2 Strategic Assessment 2016/17: Domestic Abuse
- Fenland Q2 Strategic Assessment 2015/16: Domestic Abuse and Unhealthy Relationships
- Huntingdonshire Q1 Strategic Assessment 2016/17: Domestic Abuse