What is it?
The Integrated Commissioning Board aims to make sure partners maximise opportunities to commission services better, in an integrated manner.
This is to support increased consistency in service provision, delivery of better value for money, economies of scale, better engagement, market shaping and market management and improved outcomes for residents.
To make sure we have financial and service sustainability for the future we need to work jointly across health and social care to commission capacity and capability in the community to meet the needs of local people in the most cost-effective way.
This is to support people to maintain their independence and well being and in turn will prevent unnecessary escalation of needs and the provision of more expensive services.
Adapted from draft terms of reference, dated May 2020
Members of the board include representatives from
- Peterborough City Council & Cambridgeshire County Council (Commissioning, Adults & Safeguarding, Commissioning Partnerships & Programmes and Public Health teams)
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (Chief Finance Officer, Chief Nurse, Director of Commissioning and Head of Community Services & Integration teams)
- District Council representative
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (Operations, and Allied Health Professional teams)
- Cambridgeshire University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Commissioning, and Major Projects & Specific Incident Projects teams)
- Northwest Anglia NHS Foundation Trust (Strategy & Planning)
- Voluntary Sector (Chief Exec, Hunts Forum)
- The Housing Board for Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and West Suffolk
Term of reference
- Terms of reference can be found here.
- Item 3 Action Log
- Item 5 Dynamic Purchasing System (EIP PDPS) update: this is about a framework being set up so local partners can go to an “approved list” to purchase services which focus on early integration and prevention (EIP) in future. It is dynamic because the system can change over time, it’s not a fixed list of partners for the duration.
- Item 6 Integrated Care System (ICS) update – this is about the government’s drive to set up a system across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough which brings health and care services much closer together, and encourages decisions to be made at the most local level possible.
- Item 7 updated Terms of Reference for ICB
- Item 3 Action Log
- Item 5 ICB – discharge to asses (D2A) Pathway 2 Provision
- Item 6. Local authority commissioning landscape
- November Minutes
- Peterborough and Cambridgeshire Care Home Support Plan
- Adult Social Care pathways for Cambridgeshire (May 2020)
- Adult Social Care pathways for Peterborough (May 2020)