About the housing enablers group
Housing enablers from each district in the housing sub-region meet approximately every three months to agree a shared approach to housing development and enabling issues. The group works together to:
- Promote delivery of affordable housing including supported housing – negotiating affordable housing through the planning process, the Homes and Communities Agency funding and regulation processes – and working to support deliver of rural housing in partnerhsip with the Rural Housing Enabler at Cambs ACRE (link takes you to ACRE website).
- Share ideas and good practice to ensure high quality, good design, environmentally sustainable homes are delivered within timescales and budgets, securing efficiencies wherever possible, across the sub-region.
- Keep up to date with current issues, changes and challenges and discuss how they affect housing issues across the sub-region, providing a forum to test ideas and discuss policies which affect any aspect of affordable housing delivery.
- Share information on new initiatives, funding streams, sites and strategic issues which affect other authorities in the housing sub-region, and invite guests to inform the group on these issues.
- Report to CRHB to agree sub-regional responses to issues around delivery of new affordable housing and to strategic issues affecting delivery, including investment plans and housing strategy.
- Ensure clear lines of communication with partner groups and agencies.
Desired outcomes are to:
- Maximising investment in affordable housing across our sub-region, to meet identified housing need and to support balanced housing markets.
- Coordinate responses to the HCA and other relevant agencies on affordable housing funding and delivery for our sub-region.
- Forward planning of housing delivery and funding across the housing sub-region.
- Collaboration, awareness and joint working to secure good quality, affordable homes as well as helping to deliver other strategic plans where there are housing-related issues.
- Delivery of the sub-regional strategy’s action plan and contribute to its ongoing progress, updating and refreshing.
Recent meeting papers
Please get in touch if you would like to see older meeting papers.
- Enablers agenda 14 December 2017
- HCA update December 2017
- Self build and brownfield register information
- Meeting Notes 14 December 2017