In March 2017 some 73 housing providers owned and managed social housing across the Cambridge sub-region and Peterborough.
This number includes Cambridge City Homes and South Cambridgeshire District Council housing who are the two councils who continue to manage council housing in their area. The other five districts transferred council housing to a housing association partner, who are known as the stock trnsfer landlords. These are:
- Sanctuary in East Cambridgeshire
- Clarion Housing Group (previously called Circle Housing Roddons) in Fenland
- Flagship (previously Kings Forest) in Forest Heath
- Luminus in Huntingdonshire
- Cross Keys in Peterborough
- Havebury in St Edmundsbury.
In each district other housing associations, almshouse trusts and housing providers who are registered with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) build, own and manage homes. Some own very small numbers of homes and focus on particular locations or issues - others have large number of homes across the whole area.
The table below shows how many providers own and/or manage homes in each district - though many operate in more than one district.
|Count of registered providers|
In 2017 we have updated the directory for the housing sub-region and Peterborough - showing the housing providers registered with the HCA. We have included a rough guide to the type and number of homes they own and/or manage in that district, and links to their website "home page" so you can find out more.
- The list of providers (excluding the two council housing providers) comes from the Homes and Communities Agency, the data being gathered from each provider in April 2017, then checked and published by the HCA and published on Cambridgeshire Insight in November 2017.
- The provider web addresses have been added locally. Some providers do not appear to have a website but these can be added, if you can provide the missing information.
- As provider names and stock numbers change during the course of a year, the list is reviewed and updated each Autumn, once the HCA has published its data.
The most recent update in full detail can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistical-data-return-2016-to-2017.
Highlights from the national return which relate to our eight local districts are also available as open data, at http://opendata.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/dataset/private-registered-provider-housing-our-area. This includes data on housing stock, rents and affordable rent.
If you have any feedback, suggestions, comments or additions to make, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you!