There are 81 housing providers who own and manage social housing across the Cambridge sub-region and Peterborough.
These include Cambridge City Homes and South Cambridgeshire District Council housing who are the two councils who continue to manage council housing in their area. The other five districts transferred council housing to a housing association partner, known as the stock transfer landlord. These are:
- Sanctuary in East Cambridgeshire
- Circle Housing Roddons in Fenland
- Flagship (Kings Forest) in Forest Heath
- Luminus in Huntingdonshire
- Cross Keys Homes in Peterborough
- Havebury in St Edmundsbury.
But in each district other housing associations, almshouse trusts and housing providers who are registered with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) work hard to build, own and manage homes. Some own very small numbers of homes and focus on particular locations or issues - others have large number of homes across the whole area. The map shows how many providers own and/or manage homes in each district - though many operate in more than one district.
In 2016, we have added a table for each district in the housing sub-region - and for the first time- for Peterborough too - showing all the housing providers registered with the HCA. The table includes links to their websites so you can find out more, and a guide to the type and number of homes they own/manage in that district.
- The list of providers (excluding the two council housing providers) comes from the Homes and Communities Agency, the data being gathered from each provider in April 2016, then checked and published by the HCA in October 2016.
- The provider web addresses have been added locally. Some providers do not appear to have a website but these can be added, if you can provide the missing information.
- As provider names and stock numbers change during the course of a year, the list is reviewed and updated each Autumn, once the HCA has published its data.
The most recent update can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistical-data-return-2015-to-2016.
If you have any feedback, suggestions, comments or additions to make, please e-mail email@example.com - thank you!