Census 2021 topic summary: demography and migration
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Census 2021 ward and provisional parish level population, household and dwellings estimates
Cambridgeshire County Council’s Policy and Insight team (CCC) has published ward and provisional parish level Census 2021 population, household and dwellings estimates for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, for ward and parish boundaries in place at May 2022 and May 2023. This dataset includes Census 2021 estimates for:
- Total population
- Total households
- Total dwellings
- Household and communal establishment populations
- Population by five year age groups
- Population by single year of age (only for wards on May 2022 boundaries)
These Census 2021 ward and parish estimates are used as the base for CCC’s mid-2021 population and dwelling stock estimates and forecasts.
These Census 2021 estimates replace the provisional ward estimates previously published, which are available under the population section of the document library.
The following technical note covers the methodology used to produce the provisional ward level estimates and how this differs from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) version:
Please note that the ONS has now published Census 2021 parish estimates for a range of topics, which are available on NOMIS.
Demography and migration: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough overview
An overview of some of the data within the demography and migration topic summary is provided within the following presentation:
You can also use the button below to download this presentation:
Census 2021 resources
- Demography and Migration topic summary published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- ONS mapping tool ONS Census maps
- Census 2021 area profiles
- Census 2021 data in the tools available on Cambridgeshire Insight, such as the Map Explorer and Data Explorer
- Census data published by the ONS is also available on the Nomis website