The definition of an offender is an individual that has committed an offence or illegal act. Offenders however are not a homogeneous group of people, they differ greatly in their backgrounds, ethnicity, education, culture and needs etc.
This page aims to provide some context around offenders, provide useful links and information and displays our local research that is specific to offenders and their needs.
Since 2012 the Research Group has been commissioned to provide an overview of victims and offenders in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner or OPCC (Police Authority as was). The first report published in 2012 was a detailed needs assessment of both victims and offenders and involved a detailed analysis of the data and interviews with key stakeholders.
Most recently the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner commissioned Offender Needs Assessment across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (2017).
We collated the largest needs assessment on offenders to date for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. The data analysis and report provide key findings and gaps analysis for future development discussion.
The aims of the reports are listed below;
- to provide a system wide strategic view of the scale and needs of those vulnerable to offending and already known to be offending
- Inform system wide delivery groups around key needs, service gaps and overlaps providing an overview of potential options and their evidence base
- Enable next steps for the system wide delivery group
- Prioritisation of further focused work around potential system-based options with stakeholder and service user engagement
- Generation of partnership and delivery plans
- Huntingdonshire Q2 Strategic Assessment 2017/18: Offenders
- Fenland Q1 Strategic Assessment 2017/18: Shoplifting (Offenders)
- Offender Needs Assessment Full Report 2017; Managing Offenders, Preventing Offending
- Offender Needs Assessment Executive Summary 2017; Managing Offenders, Preventing Offending
- BeNCH Offender Study 2014
- Cambridgeshire Integrated Offender Management performance report (2012)