Cambridgeshire_and_Peterborough Children’s_Commissioning _Team
Commissioning Manager – SEND and CWD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Manager for Children and Young People with SEND and Children with Disabilities [CWD] in Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council shared children’s commissioning service.
This is an opportunity to be part of an evolving dedicated commissioning division. This position requires a highly motivated and innovative commissioning manager with a proven track record of delivery.
We are keen to recruit an ambitious inspirational candidate capable of delivering the key commissioning priorities over the next 3-5 years and beyond.
The Children’s Commissioning Team is dynamic and high performing with a ‘can-do’ approach, ensuring the best quality and range of services are commissioned to meet the diverse needs of our children’s population. We are looking for a candidate with a similar hands-on approach that can enhance and promote the service’s continuing development and delivery.
This role requires significant experience of working within the education and/ or services for children and young people with Disabilities sector, commissioning experience, commercial awareness and an ability to manage and deliver transformational change within a fast- moving environment. The right candidate will need to be able to demonstrate drive and determination to ensure our vision, comprehensively deliver aims and business objectives on time, to budget and offer value for money services that do not compromise on quality.
The SEND and CWD portfolio within the Children’s Commissioning Team covers a wide range of services, including services for disabled children such as overnight, community and residential short breaks; as well as provision of education for children and young people with an EHCP including maintained and non-maintained special schools, independent non maintained special schools and innovative education solutions that encourage inclusion for children with special educational needs.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have experience of Commissioning, or candidates who have transferable skills and knowledge from within the education/special school sector, disabled children’s/children’s social care for example; and can apply those skills to the role of Commissioning Manager.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Applications should be made on Public Sector Jobs East. The Closing date for Applications is 27th July 2021 at midnight.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioning Brokerage and Contract Management Positions
Do you want a career which enables you to work with a range of people to shape, design and manage commissioned services able to enrich the lives of adults and children?
We are expanding our Children’s Commissioning, Adult Social Care Commissioning and Adult Brokerage and Contract Management Teams. The services are dynamic, responsive, flexible and fully invested in delivering the best outcomes possible for our diverse populations and communities.
We are looking for forward thinking, enthusiastic candidates able to:
- Innovate and drive continued transformation of services through collaboration and partnership working, with the needs of service users always at the heart of everything we do.
- Contribute positively to the work we do and the environment we’ve created. A can-do attitude and flexible approach and ability to deliver in a multi-agency environment goes a long way.
- Demonstrate confidence in managing and influencing service direction across a range of stakeholder groups and organisations
- Manage the financial side of things in driving value for money through the delivery and management of robust commercial models within the market
- Embrace innovation and work with services creatively to improve outcomesSo why join us? Here is just a few of the things our current commissioners have to say about the teams.“As a new starter, one of the things that I find attractive here is the commitment to doing an outstanding job and ‘doing it right’”“One of the elements I like most is that it is a fairly new commissioning directorate with real appetite for innovation and considered risk taking to meet the growing and evolving needs of people and communities.”
In every aspect of both councils, we promote a culture in which our people feel continually supported in their work, in their lives and in pursuing their ambitions. We also believe in empowering our people to make big decisions which have a positive impact. We value our staff and prioritise their wellbeing, demonstrated through our generous benefits package:
- Generous annual leave entitlement with the option to purchase additional days
- Promotion of home working and prioritisation of work life balance through the use of a flexible working policy.
- Excellent pension scheme
- You will be supplied with a laptop and smartphone as well as gaining free access to Tri-x, Research in Practice and CC-inform.
- A range of training and development opportunities which are tailored to your needs and will enable career progression.
We have invested in new ways of remote working and anticipate this will be the new norm, with limited expectation of office-based working in the future. Our excellent technology platform and infra-structure support all our staff to connect and collaborate remotely, we do therefore expect all staff to have effective broadband connectivity.
We currently have opportunities available within the following areas:
- Senior Contracts Manager
- Children’s Commissioning Managers
You must submit a Supporting Statement with your CV in order to be considered for these posts. Please upload Supporting Statement in the same file as your CV
To arrange an informal conversation with one of our department heads, about any of the above opportunities, please contact Danielle Marshall on Danielle.Marshall@cambridgeshire.gov.uk
This is a rolling advertisement, and we will consider applications as they come in, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Applications should be made on Public Sector Jobs East. The Closing date for Applications is 14th July 2021 at midnight.