Recommendations - older
- Promote the message that stopping smoking, sensible alcohol consumption, healthy eating and physical activity have health benefits even at older ages.
- Hold a multiagency conference to agree and take forward the future approach to the development of key services to meet the range of needs of people with dementia in Cambridgeshire.
- Re-examine the access to and availability of health and social care services (including the third sector), in the light of changes to health and social care.
- Develop active partnerships with older people in pathway redesign and decision-making for long term conditions using outcome-based measures that reflect patient experience.
- Comply with the requirements of the national Carers' Strategy as identified by the Joint Carers' strategy for Cambridgeshire.
- In future needs assessments, explicitly consider the needs of older people as a specific group eg among prisoners, Travellers.