Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA)
Our SHMA looks at a wide range of housing issues across the seven districts of our sub-region. Chapters on this page are arranged by theme, bringing together themes across the years, as we started publishing back in 2008. If you want to see the whole set of chapters "by year", please visit pur pages for the current version (published 2013) or for all previous versions.
Need for "all homes"
- Ch12 Forecasts for homes of all tenures 2013 (999 KB)
- Ch12 Forecasts for homes of all tenures 2012 (1.2 MB)
Need for "affordable homes"
- Ch13 Identifying affordable housing need 2013 (258 KB)
- Ch13 Identifying affordable housing need 2012 (385 KB)
- Ch27 Identifying affordable housing need 2010 (266 KB)
- Ch27 Identifying affordable housing need 2009 (290 KB)
- Ch27 Identifying affordable housing need 2008 (150 KB)
Sizes and types of homes needed
- Ch14 Size and type of homes 2013 (392.61 KB)
- Ch14 Size and tenure of all homes 2012 (309.7 KB)
- Ch29 Future sizes of homes 2009 (244.46 KB)
- Ch30 Indication of affordable tenures 2009 (96.08 KB)
- Ch29 Future sizes of homes 2008 (303.81 KB)
- Ch30 Indication of affordable tenures 2008 (154.15 KB)
Housing market bulletins
- Every three months we publish a review of the housing market in our area, these are available here. These include housing affordability ratios (comparing incomes to property prices) and a comparison of the weekly cost of different sizes and tenures of homes.
Local economic assessment
- Our local economic assements can be found here
Population, housing and employment forecasts
- This page provides a useful introducing and links to population, housing and employment forecasts.
Joint Strategic Needs Assessments
Cambridgeshire Insight Atlas
- Sub-region parish profiles set out housing supply and demand data for wards and parishes
- The local housing allowance atlas which shows how future changes to housing allowances may our area.
- Our national atlas of broad rental market areas and local housing allowance rates for 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16
Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data
- East of England Forecasting Model 2013 baseline for Cambridgeshire open data
- Housing completions data
- Affordable housing completions data
- Housing affordability data - comparing the % unable to afford 1, 2 and 3 bed homes of different tenures via SHMA chapter updates with a brief story
- Ward and parish profile data
Estate and lettings agent surveys
As part of our housing market assessment, we contact estate and letting agents periodically to gain their views on the market. Past reports and the latest one completed in 2013 are available here.
The Cambridgeshire County Research Group has carried out surveys of new housing development for all seven districts in our housing sub-region, to help learn more about who moves in and what choices they make. There are seven individual reports and one summary report which draws out some wider conclusions, available here.
Future Affordability Housing Projections
This project looks at possible impacts of reforms on sub-regional housing for the coming ten years.
Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment
Our area's Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment 2011 sets out accommodation needs between 2011 to 2016 and beyond.