About the 2012 SHMA
All SHMA 2012 chapters have now been replaced by SHMA 2013 chapters, All chapters from 2012 onwards have the following sections:
- Summary and contents page
- Facts and figures
- Background information.
Each section is colour coded to help navigate your way around the SHMA. The footer includes date of publication and page number.
Other "previous SHMA" pages provide all the archived chapters and appendices which have been replaced, updated or merged since they were first published, to help you compare changes over time.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and background 2012 (272.39 KB)
- Chapter 2: Defining our housing market area 2012 (4.11 MB)
- Chapter 3: Economic and demographic context 2012 (3.85 MB)
- Chapter 4: Dwelling profile 2012 (207.74 KB)
- Chapter 5: Property purchase 2012 (504.97 KB)
- Chapter 6: Private renting 2012 (185.69 KB)
- Chapter 7: Social renting 2012 (232.56 KB)
- Chapter 8: Intermediate housing 2012 (99.81 KB)
- Chapter 9: Homelessness 2012 (95.53 KB)
- Chapter 10: Current incomes and affordability 2012 (155.7 KB)
- Chapter 11: Planning and land availability 2012 (143.92 KB)
- Chapter 12: Forecasts for homes of all tenures (1.21 MB) was drafted in 2013, the final version can now be found on the current SHMA page.
- Chapter 13: Identifying affordable housing need 2012 (384.91 KB)
- Chapter 13 supplement (87.3 KB): (Identifying affordable housing need, updated with 2010/11 and 2011/12 data) - was issued in 2013, as an early update to this chapter based on 2010/11 and 2011/12 data. It can now be found on the current SHMA page.
- Chapter 14: Sizes and tenures of homes 2012 (309.7 KB)
- Chapter 15: Housing requirements of specific groups 2012 (5.17 MB)
- Population, Housing and Employment Forecasts Technical Report 2013 (1.09 MB)
- Discussion note (143.95 KB) on Chapters 12 and 13 of SHMA 2012
Alongside the 2012 SHMA chapters, in May 2013 we launched updated versions of Chapter 12 and Chapter 13. These had been updated using 2010/11 and 2011/12 data, and new 2011 Census results, and were released to help inform local planning processes in line with the new National Planning Policy Framework.
In the months which followed, all the other detailed SHMA chapters were updated to align with Chapters 12 and 13, using the same data years and new Census results. The numbers in all the "supporting" chapters simply provide more background ot the neumbers presented in Chapter 12 and 13.
In March 2014, all the chapters, labelled SHMA 2013, are being launched to form a full and consistent suite of data for our housing market area. These chapters are available on the "SHMA current version" page.