In February 2017, the Department for Communities and Local Government published its Housing white paper and supporting documents. These set out the government's plans to reform the housing market and boost the supply of new homes in England.
The white paper “Fixing our broken housing market” sets out a broad range of reforms that government plans to introduce to help reform the housing market and increase the supply of new homes. Alongside the white paper are published some supporting technical documents which provided the evidence underpinning many of the white paper proposals. DCLG is also launching a new consultation on planning and affordable housing for Build to Rent.
You can find the White Paper and related documents here https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/housing-white-paper
Thinking of responding?
This page has been created to help partners locate the White Paper, find out what various partners views are on it, and help local agencies prepare individual and shared responses.
The deadline for comments on "Fixing our broken housing market" is May 2nd 2017.
Early reactions to the White Paper
This list brings together some early reactions to the White Paper from various agencies across national housing network. If you click on a link (blue text) it should open in a new window, so you should easily be able to find your way back to the list if you need to...
- ARLA initial response here (ARLA is a professional association for residential landlords)
- Campaign to Protect Rural England, Housing White Paper: CPRE reaction
- Chartered Institute of Housing initial response here
- Council of Mortgage Lenders initial response here
- Home Builders’ Federation, White paper reflects key role private house builders have in addressing ’broken housing market’
- Inside Housing magazine review of a number of articles and comment pieces here
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Response to Housing White Paper
- Local Government Association, Councils respond to Housing White Paper
- London Councils, London Councils statement on Housing White Paper
- National Housing Federation, Federation response to Housing White Paper
- National Landlords Association briefing here
- Nathaniel Lichfield & Partners, NLP’s review of the White Paper
- Royal Town Planning Institute, Housing White Paper: RTPI response
- Town and Country Planning Association, Government commits to a new generation of new communities
- Savills, What the Housing White Paper means for the planning system
- Shelter briefing paper here
If you want to share your response to the consultation, please email email@example.com.