The sub-regional enablers group meets approximately every three months to agree a shared approach to housing development and enabling issues. The group works together to:
- Promote delivery of affordable housing including supported housing - negotiating affordable housing through the planning process, the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) funding and regulation processes - and working to support deliver of rural housing in partnerhsip with the Rural Housing Enabler at Cambs ACRE (link takes you to ACRE website).
- Share ideas and good practice to ensure high quality, good design, environmentally sustainable homes are delivered within timescales and budgets, securing efficiencies wherever possible, across the sub-region.
- Keep up to date with current issues, changes and challenges and discuss how they affect housing issues across the sub-region, providing a forum to test ideas and discuss policies which affect any aspect of affordable housing delivery.
- Share information on new initiatives, funding streams, sites and strategic issues which affect other authorities in the housing sub-region, and invite guests to inform the group on these issues.
- Report to CRHB to agree sub-regional responses to issues around delivery of new affordable housing and to strategic issues affecting delivery, including investment plans and housing strategy.
- Ensure clear lines of communication with partner groups and agencies.
Desired outcomes are to:
- Maximising investment in affordable housing across our sub-region, to meet identified housing need and to support balanced housing markets.
- Coordinate responses to the HCA and other relevant agencies on affordable housing funding and delivery for our sub-region.
- Forward planning of housing delivery and funding across the housing sub-region.
- Collaboration, awareness and joint working to secure good quality, affordable homes as well as helping to deliver other strategic plans where there are housing-related issues.
- Delivery of the sub-regional strategy’s action plan and contribute to its ongoing progress, updating and refreshing.
Terms of reference can be found here (link to be added)
Useful pages to visit
Local housing development and enabling information can be found here:
- Cambridge housing development page
- East Cambridgeshire strategic housing page
- Fenland's housing strategy and enabling page
- Huntingdonshire's affordable development page
- South Cambridgeshire housing strategies, policies and procedures page here including new build strategy
- Forest Heath strategic housing page
- St Edmundsbury housing strategies, policies and plans page
Local Investment Plans set out an outline schedule of housing development planned across our area, prepared by housing enablers in cooperation with planning and housing provider colleagues; and can be found on this page.
Recent meeting agendas
- To be added
Please note: page under construction at 3 November 2014