What is the homelessness prevention team?
The homelessness prevention team provides a service, helping a wide range of local teams work better together, to reduce homelessness. We will be helping staff identify the early warning signs of homelessness and ways to prevent it.
The team will build good working relationships and deliver a better service by linking agencies up. This will help our area prepare for the UK's new Homelessness Reduction Act 2017. This should also reduce the number of people needing to apply as homeless, and local use of temporary accommodation.
Where do we operate?
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, which includes
- Cambridge City
- East Cambridgeshire
- Peterborough City
- Souh Cambridgeshire
What can we help with?
- Educating agencies to recognise the early warning signs of homelessness and ways to prevent it.
- Helping people as early as possible when threatened with homelessness, regardless of "priority need".
- Promoting a new housing healthcheck and new budgeting tools.
- Supporting agencies to make action plans for those at risk of homelessness.
- Ensuring customers are engaging with help given, to ensure a positive outcome.
- Working closely with housing options teams to see what has been successful and what has not, using the feedback to further develop the project.
- Helping to develop all aspects of the homelessness prevention hub and the rent solution service.
The list will increase as the project progresses.
How to get in touch
Referrals are welcome from Monday 17 July 2017.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com