What is the business development service?
Enabling people on low incomes to secure private rented accommodation is now the most significant housing route to prevent homelessness.
Two new business development officers will develop schemes that facilitate access into good quality, affordable and suitable private rented homes.
Where does the service operate?
The business development team covers th whole of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
The two officers who cover different areas:
- Karen Freya is facilitator for scheme development in Peterborough, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire. Karen aims to have a guaranteed rent scheme set up in Peterborough in 2017 and would like to make contact with private landlords currently with, or considering making new investments, in the Peterborough area.
- Atef Sayed is facilitator for scheme development in South Cambridgeshire, Cambridge and Huntingdonshire. (There is already a rent deposit guarantee scheme in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire).
What can we help with?
The service will include:
- Working with existing private rental schemes.
- Setting up new private rent schemes, for example; guaranteed rent schemes for private landlords.
- Facilitating new supplies of accessible rental accommodation.
How to get in touch
Karen for East Cambridgeshire, Fenland and Peterborough
Call Karen on 01353 664164
Atef for Cambridge, Huntingdonshire and South Cambridgeshire
Call Atef on 03450 450 051