The majority of public health intelligence resources and relevant links can be found within the Health and Wellbeing pages of Cambridgeshire Insight. However, please also see:
Much of the content on Cambridgeshire Insight also includes data for Peterborough where available. In addition, please see:
- Public Health Directorate home page and resources.
- Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF) information.
- Annual Public Health Report.
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) page.
- Health advice for Peterborough: Healthy Peterborough.
- Peterborough Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
Many of these resources cover local authority and CCG (NHS) data.
- Public Health England home page.
- Fingertips topic- and area-based health profiles.
- Subject-based data and knowledge gateway.
- Primary care data for England, CCGs and general practices.
- Topic-based health intelligence networks (cancer; CVD; child and maternal health; mental health, dementia and neurology; end of life care).
- Fingertips PHOF Data Tool for national PHOF data and data for all local authorities.
- Healthier Lives tool
- Small area population health data at Local Health.
- East of England Knowledge and Intelligence Service LKIS East home page.
- Collected resources archive (briefings, tools, models).
Many of the resource links above include CCG and NHS data. In addition, please see:
- Resources for CCGs.
- Commissioning intelligence model describes the steps in the commissioning cycle, provides example commissioning questions and potential data types and resources to answer them.
- CCG outcomes tools.
- NHS Right Care home page – Right Care looks at healthcare variation.
- Commissioning for Value suite of products and resources.
- Primary care data web tool
- NHS Digital – collected data and information resources from the umbrella body for information services in health and social care.
- NHS Digital’s Indicator Portal provides an online portal for NHS and other data in spreadsheet form, metadata (data about data) and some methodological information.
- Office for National Statistics - the national producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- The King's Fund – data and policy briefings from The King's Fund independent charity who work to improve health and care in England.
- Local library services are provided by the Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust’s Library Service. Cambridgeshire County Council has a contract with the library to provide current awareness and literature search services and the Hinchinbrooke Library is also the local administrator for the NHS OpenAthens electronic journals service.
- CCC local library services at Hinchingbrooke: contact by phone on 01480 416412 or by email at email@example.com.
- NHS OpenAthens account registration.
- NHS staff can also access some journals free from NICE.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) also provide their own evidence services.
- Public health online textbook including statistics and epidemiology.
- Specific public health practitioner and specialist learning for epidemiology, health information and statistical methods.
- Local PHE health intelligence learning and courses for commissioners, non-specialists and analysts.
- Information covering the range of Public Health Careers.
- Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice (2nd ed.)
Data and information can be fun, so enjoy yourself with Hans Rosling’s Gapminder and explore the art of the possible.
A version of the information on this page is available in Word: