The updated Cambridgeshire Atlas for Community Safety shows rates per 1,000 people and counts of crime for different crime types for all wards within Cambridgeshire.
The Community Safety atlas is now available on Cambridgeshire Insight at http://www.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/interactive-maps/crime
It has information about total crime, arson, dwelling burglary and domestic abuse incidents. Here is a short quiz about crime in Cambridgeshire (all answers can be found in the atlas, make sure you use all elements).
1. In Cambridgeshire was the volume of total crime in 2013/14 higher or lower than it was in 2007/08?
2. In Fenland which crime type recorded the most number of offences in 2013/14?
A. Burglary in a dwelling
B. Vehicle crime
C. Theft of a pedal cycle
3. Which ward in Cambridgeshire recorded the highest count of crime in 2013/14?
A. Abbey (Cambridge City)
B. Huntingdon North (Huntingdonshire)
C. Market (Cambridge City)
D. Medworth (Fenland)
4.Which ward in East Cambridgeshire recorded the lowest rate of total crime per 1,000 population in 2013/14?
QUESTION 5 IS BEST TO ANSWER IF YOU ARE USING VERSION 9 AND ABOVE OF INTERNET EXPLORER.
5. In the ward of Cottenham, which crime type recorded the highest rate per 1,000 population in 2013/14?
A. Anti-social behaviour (ASB)
B. Violent crime
C. Domestic abuse
D. Vehicle crime
6. Reporting of domestic abuse incidents are increasing. This in part is seen as a positive sign as the more victims who report the more help they can be offered from professionals.
How many wards in Huntingdonshire in 2013/14 recorded a higher rate per 1,000 population of domestic abuse incidents than the average rate for the County?
We are not able to offer any prizes, but I will post the answers on this blog next Tuesday. In the meantime, have fun!